The above prices are net! the total VAT will be displayed and calculated upon completion of the order.
€169.00 incl. VAT
COLOR GRADING MASTERCLASS
Class is in german!
05/30/2023 - 06/02/2023
Duration: 4 days
Scope: 3 live sessions (Tue, Wed, Fri)
Level: Beginner and Intermediate
The sessions will be recorded.
What's the matter?
If you are not yet familiar with the basics of color grading, this is the right class for you! This live class is for anyone who wants to learn the basics, concepts and principles of color grading.
You will learn the basic structure of the color page in DaVinci Resolve, all the tools to use it optimally, and how to create professional node trees and gradings! The detailed course content can be found further down on this page!
What you learn in the course
This course covers just about all aspects of professional color grading. We show you all the tools and explain which tool is best for which task and how to work with them. We will create several professional node trees with you and show you live how to develop a good color grading.
After the course you will be able to grade professionally on your own.
All live sessions are recorded and are available to all course participants for a further 6 months in the backend of Filmentor. In this way, all participants can watch the sessions again in peace.
And if you miss one or all sessions, you can also view the recordings online at any time for 6 months.
In addition, each participant gets access to the Discord server from Filmentor and can ask unlimited questions there at any time. Of course, we are also happy to help after the course! And: You will automatically become part of the community!
If you look at a recorded course, you have no or only very limited opportunities to ask questions. But especially with a complex topic like HDR, there are always many questions that inevitably arise when watching a recorded course. In the live sessions you can ask exactly these questions, and we will answer these questions live! This advantage is only available with our live courses!
The dates for the LIVE sessions
05/30 (Tue - 18:00 to 20:00)
05/31 (Wed - 18:00 to 20:00)
06/02 (Mrs - 18:00 to 20:00)
- How to create projects?
- Which project settings are important to keep in mind?
- How to work with timelines?
- What are timeline and clip level?
- How to import and organize footage correctly?
- What is a node and how does it work?
- Which nodes are there?
- What is a node tree?
- How to create a node tree?
- What should be considered when creating a node tree?
- How do professionals work with node trees?
- How to organize a node tree correctly?
- What is the correct order of the nodes?
Color Science Basics
- What are SDR and Rec709?
- What are luminance and chrominance?
- What are levels?
- How do you use levels, and what are they good for?
- Basics of Resolve Color Management (RCM2)
- What are the different types of color management?
- Color Space Transformations in Depth
- How do I set up the RCM2 correctly?
- What is important to keep in mind when using RCM2?
- How do Lift, Gamma and Gain work?
- HDR Tools in Depth
- Color Warper in Depth
- Curves in Depth
- Which tool to use for what?
- Scopes in Depth
Color Grading Pratice
- Why is a correction important?
- How to make a correction correctly?
- How to create a simple look?
- Qualifier in Depth
- Which are the most important OFX?
- How and when to use these OFX?
- Why is grain so important?
- How to create a good grain?
- Development of two complete node trees as templates
- Creating of a Film Print Look
- What should be considered when setting the render settings?
- Which format should be used for which purpose?
- What should be considered when choosing the codec?
- What do the individual settings mean?
- Which settings should not be changed?
- Which settings should always be changed?
What you get additionally
In addition to a certificate, each participant receives unlimited access to our Discord Server , on which you can exchange ideas and help each other beyond the course. If you have any questions or problems relating to DaVinci Resolve, HDR, color grading and color management, Tim, Daniel and Johannes will be happy to help you on Discord. In addition, all other relevant topics related to the central topic "making films" can be discussed and discussed, from the choice of camera, the settings, light and much more!
With the purchase of this course you acquire a place for this course. The number of participants is limited. After the purchase, the transaction is binding and final. If you do not take part in the course afterwards, the service is still considered to have been provided, and a refund is excluded in this case.
We are happy about our Guest Lector!