The above prices are net! the total VAT will be displayed and calculated upon completion of the order.
€169.00 incl. VAT
HDR practice course - also for beginners!
Class is in german!
04/17/2023 - 04/21/2023
Duration: 5 days
Scope: 3 live sessions (Mon, Wed, Fri)
Level: Beginner and Intermediate
With Guest Lecture on a Dolby Vision Professional Certified Colorist
The sessions will be recorded.
What's the matter?
With the HDR Color Grading Hands On Class we are introducing a new format. The Hands On course is aimed at anyone who would like to transfer their SDR results to HDR or who would like to grade content in HDR straight away. We use real practical examples to show what is important and which workflows professionals use. In addition to important basics, we explain pitfalls, dive deep into the analysis and show how to master HDR for web and social media.
What you learn in the course
This course covers the aspects of the underlying color science, the specific HDR workflow and the delivery formats with a focus on TV and web.
After the course you will know how to set up a good HDR workflow, be able to "connect" SDR and HDR, know the pitfalls and special features and be able to create HDR for social media, web and TV.
You will work with professionally shot footage designed to be used for HDR deliveries.
All live sessions are recorded and are available to all course participants for a further 6 months in the backend of Filmentor. In this way, all participants can watch the sessions again in peace.
And if you miss one or all sessions, you can also view the recordings online at any time for 6 months.
In addition, each participant gets access to the Discord server from Filmentor and can ask unlimited questions there at any time. Of course, we are also happy to help after the course! And: You will automatically become part of the community!
If you look at a recorded course, you have no or only very limited opportunities to ask questions. But especially with a complex topic like HDR, there are always many questions that inevitably arise when watching a recorded course. In the live sessions you can ask exactly these questions, and we will answer these questions live! This advantage is only available with our live courses!
The dates for the LIVE sessions
04/17 (Mon - 18:00 to 20:00)
04/19 (Wed - 18:00 to 20:00)
04/21 (Mrs - 18:00 to 20:00)
Session 1 - Basics
- What is HDR?
- What formats and standards are there?
- How do the different formats differ from each other?
- What are Color Gamut, Dynamic Range and Transfer Functions and how do they work?
- Which settings for HDR in DaVinci Resolve are important? (hands on)
- What should be considered with HDR for web and social media?
- The workflow from the camera to the master!
Session 2 - Dolby Vision practical example
- Color Management for Dolby Vision (Hands On)
- Creation of a base grade for the HDR/SDR transformation! (hands on)
- How to control the look via NIT Values? (hands on)
- How does Dolby Vision work? (hands on)
- What do min, max and avg mean? (hands on)
- What is Dolby Vision metadata?
- What are the most important rules in HDR color grading? (hands on)
- How to create a Dolby Vision Delivery? (hands on)
Session 3 - Finalizing on practical example
- How to create an HDR Delivery for Web? (hands on)
- Fine tuning for the HDR color grading! (hands on)
- What should be considered with HDR for skin tones? (hands on)
- How to create an HDR master? (hands on)
- what should be considered with the texture for HDR?
- What should you urgently pay attention to during the QC? (hands on)
What you get additionally
In addition to a certificate, each participant receives unlimited access to our Discord Server , on which you can exchange ideas and help each other beyond the course. If you have any questions or problems relating to DaVinci Resolve, HDR, color grading and color management, Tim, Daniel and Johannes will be happy to help you on Discord. In addition, all other relevant topics related to the central topic "making films" can be discussed and discussed, from the choice of camera, the settings, light and much more!
With the purchase of this course you acquire a place for this course. The number of participants is limited. After the purchase, the transaction is binding and final. If you do not take part in the course afterwards, the service is still considered to have been provided, and a refund is excluded in this case.
We are happy about our Guest Lector!